Quality & Innovation
Learn about The MENTOR Network’s long-standing commitment to quality and innovation from Chairman of the Board Greg Torres.
Mission & Values
REM Mississippi believes that with the right supports people of all abilities can live life to the fullest in their communities.
Our mission is to offer innovative, high-quality services and supports that lead to growth and independence, regardless of the physical, intellectual or behavioral challenges an individual faces. Our philosophy emphasizes partnerships —with those we serve, their families, our employees, and a multidisciplinary team of support professionals, including physicians, social workers and other partners—in an effort to help individuals shape the direction of their own lives.
- We believe that positive, nurturing relationships are the basis for growth and change. These relationships are best fostered through active participation in the daily activities of neighborhood and family life.
- We believe in the power of personal choice. Individuals have both the right and the responsibility to participate in the process of selecting their own services and developing their own life goals.
- We believe that partnerships yield the most effective and powerful outcomes for those we serve. Our partnerships are based on mutual respect and a shared focus on innovation, quality and personal choice.
- We believe that providing high-quality services and supports is our primary responsibility. We invest in our workforce and promote an organizational culture focused on accountability, service excellence and measured results.
- We believe in the goals of permanency and stability for those we serve. We strive to help people achieve their full potential in their homes and communities.
- We believe in giving back to the communities in which we live and work. Strengthening the fabric of our neighborhoods through volunteerism and philanthropy contribute to our overall goal of building relationships, enhancing lives.